Re: [vox-tech] Help for Linux Installation on Ultra 1

On Wed, 2 May 2001, S.M. Sohelozzaman wrote:

> Dear Jeff Newmiller,
> Thanks for your information. I think I will download other software for
> burning the SUSE Linux installation files for Sun Ultra 1.
> Would you please mention any URL where I can get the help for install
> SUSE on Ultra.

I already pointed out that I have no experience with the Sun Ultra 1... I
_have_ burned CDs with a couple of different software packages on a couple
of different operating systems, and my earlier advice was regarding that
step in general.

I think it would be appropriate to point out that SuSE is available for
purchase, on CD, with printed documentation, _and_ technical support, for
a _very_ reasonable cost, to cover these kinds of situations.  That is why
the SuSE company exists, and depending entirely on the advice of people on
mailing lists is unfair to SuSE and to the people on the mailing list.

Check out http://www.suse.de or http://www.suse.com, or go to your local
software retailer, and if they don't have it in stock, ask them to order
it.

http://www.suse.de/en/news/PressReleases/sparc_71en.html

[...]