Re: [vox-tech] Environment variable.

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Sad to say, I still haven't installed ssh.

Fine.  Just don't ever use telnet to log in... only for troubleshooting
ascii protocols.  Console is safe.

>  One of these days I'll get over
> the "I'm getting anxiety over installing something new", especially since
> its usually as easy:
>
> Its just that no one ever seems to write good installation instructions for
> products.
>
> make configure
> make
> make install

I don't understand what you are saying.  Maybe you need to play around
with tcpdump or sniff... when it hits you what telnet means, you won't use
it anymore.  Ssh is easy, and comes with scp so you don't have to use
(insecure and firewall-unfriendly) ftp anymore either.