Re: [vox-tech] Environment variable.

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:06:18AM -0400, Erik Mullinix wrote:
> Hmm
> the syntax doesnt seem to get the information right for me.
> Perhaps im doing something wrong.
> the spacific request is
> "Don't forget to set the SYBASE environment variable to /opt/sybase in your
> profile"
> what does this refer to?

"In your profile" means in whatever script gets ran when you log into your
shell.

For example, in bash, this might be "~/.bashrc" or "~/.bash_profile".
For something like csh, it'd be "~/.cshrc"

Depending on the shell and the distro and the phase of the moon, it might
take a bit to figure out where / what to edit.

But, at that point, you'll simply add a line to the appropriate file.

Either something like this:

  export SYBASE=/opt/sybase

or:

  setenv SYBASE /opt/sybase