Re: [vox-tech] Partition Magic for Linux?

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 09:02:39PM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> I have another question: I am looking to get a cd-recordable drive that
> handles both reading and writing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
> which brands I should get and which I should look out for? I am specifically
> looking for Linux operability.

Virtually all SCSI drives are well supported. (I have a Yamaha CD-RW. It works
great, though I haven't yet tried to do packet writing.)

IDE burners can be tricky to set up because they typically (always?) use
SCSI-over-IDE emulation. I'm sure someone here has gotten it to work well
(Pete?) I'll leave the IDE drive recommendations to others who can speak form
experience.*

* Also see the applicable HOWTO,
  http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html. The last update is July
  2000, so it is surely out of date wrt hardware support, but the listed
  drived should all be safe choices.