January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Partition Magic for Linux?

Re: [vox-tech] Partition Magic for Linux?

        Powerquest was, from what I recall, supposed to open source their
ext2-resizing technology, I'm not sure what ever happened with that.

        There's also a resize2fs program, or maybe it was the ext2resize
listed on freshmeat.  Freshmeat also lists a

:doesn't have the nice partition magic interface, but it does the job.

Frontend to parted, nParted, you might want to check out.
http://www.laespiral.org/proyectos/nparted/  (I guess I'd better give you
guys the links so you don't let freshmeat big brother ya. ;) and
http://ext2resize.sourceforge.net/

Oh my, there's the answer to all our questions (and some more info) at:

http://linux.msede.com/ext2/

        The funny thing is I just installed OpenRock's telemetrybox distro
(moved to its own website, http://www.telemetrybox.org/) with the 'easy
install' just to see what it looks like, and it created one 8gig partition,
so I was thinking of either reinstalling or seeing if I could resize into
multiple partitions, so how topical your question was... ;)

HTH..

        -Ajay

--
Milpitas, ca    atallam@telocity.net    HempVille, Planet Talarian