Re: [vox-tech] finding information on c++

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] finding information on c++
  • From: Henry House <hajhouseMAPS@houseag.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:42:54 -0700

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:30:59PM -0700, jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > i'm having a hard time finding man or info pages on C++.   on C, it's easy.
> > if i wanted to know how to find a substring, i would do "man string" which
> > would lead me to a bunch of functions like index() and strstr().

The Debian package libstdc++3-doc in the UNSTABLE distribution (Sid) contains
some HTMl docs. Have not looked at it, so I cannot evaluate its quality.

> > i guess what i'm asking is, is there a way to list out all the methods that
> > belong to a particular class?  in the string example, i was going to convert
> > the C++ string into a C string and use strstr, but if this was the way things
> > are done, i might as well just use C.
>
> info libg++

Alas, Debian does not seem to include this. But the above HTMl docs are
probably the same document, having been run through texi2html.

--
Henry House