Re: [vox-tech] finding information on c++

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] finding information on c++
  • From: Micah Cowan <micah@cowMAPSanbox.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 05:34:34 -0700

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:30:59PM -0700, jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> I guess so.  I don't care for the info program myself... I much prefer a
> good browser. :)  But FSF prefers info, so there the docs be.

The FSF prefers info, because it's a typesetting system they developed
to imitate (sort of) troff, but they added hyperlinking, so that you
could either browse it directly with info, or *convert* it to html.
So if you prefer a good browser, info is /still/ a good thing.

Pete - the best reference you could possibly have is the ANSI/ISO C++
Standard itself - now I have a copy, and you could get the PDF for $18
from ANSI online; but if you want the very next best thing, get the
*draft* standard online for free.  Your choice of HTML, PostScript, or
PDF.

http://www.itga.com.au/~gnb/wp/

G'luck!

Micah