Re: [vox-tech] gimp - writing to transparent areas?

Re: [vox-tech] gimp - writing to transparent areas?

Dear Abby/Bill,

Okay, I'm home now.  I have Gimp 1.0.4.  It doesn't have the Layers ->
Layer to Imagesize option....  Is there a easier way?  If not, what is the
purpose of having an "image size" if all layers got different sizes?  Why
does "image size" exist at all?!

-E-Confused

On Thu, 17 May 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:28:01PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> >
> > I just want to be able to draw to the side of an existing image (outside
> > the existing boundaries), not make it bigger or smaller.
>
> Ah!  Ok, you want to expand the size of the canvas.
> Once you've done that, you can do Layers -> Layer to Imagesize to
> make it snap to the size of the image itself.  (The black/yellow dotted
> line that outlines the layer will expand to the size of the image)
>
> Hope that helps! :)
>
> -bill!

---
Mark K. Kim