January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] gimp - writing to transparent areas?

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:28:01PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> I just want to be able to draw to the side of an existing image (outside
> the existing boundaries), not make it bigger or smaller.

Ah!  Ok, you want to expand the size of the canvas.
Once you've done that, you can do Layers -> Layer to Imagesize to
make it snap to the size of the image itself.  (The black/yellow dotted
line that outlines the layer will expand to the size of the image)

Hope that helps! :)