Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! (happy now Peter? :P)

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Gage_006 wrote:
> well i had already been using a seperate video card besides my on-board one
> without any problems.  Also, the manual for my  computer said that the
> on-board is automatically disabled if it detects another video  card.  Well
> guess there's nothing I can do, seems like my  motherboard is dead (but i
> still hear all the sounds my bios makes *shrugs) well thanks for all your
> help anyways everybody.

Ah, so you do have an integrated video adapter. Even though you may not
have support for that video adapter in X, you may at least be able to get
console tty based access. Try yanking all of the video cards, and hooking
the monitor up to the on-board video port. If you are able to get that to
work (using some of the other suggestions made by me and other users) you
may be able to make this machine into a firewall, or server of sorts.

It is possible that during the POST check, the extra video card and the
motherboard's built in ability to turn off the on-board video adapter have
broken.

Also, if this works, you might be able to get data from your HD. Also,
there may be newer XF86 servers that support your on-board video card
better now that some time has passed.

-ME