Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! (happy now Peter? :P)

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! (happy now Peter? :P)
  • From: ME <dugan@passwallMAPS.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:18:31 -0700

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Gage_006 wrote:
> I decided to just cut  and paste this, insted of rewriting it, but i also
> have to mention this is when i FIRST turn on my computer, so I don't even
> see the bios.

Assuming that your get this message right-away when starting your computer
with any and all monitor/video card combos:

You have an on-board video controller and have installed a new video
adapter without first disabling your on-board one with (possibly) a jumper
setting or too many video adapters plugged into your system.

You have a motherboard that is dead. (More difficult to test, but assuming
this machine is on a network, and it is able to start up all of the way,
and after it finishes (you see very little HD light activity) and you are
able to ping it, then your motherboard is not likely dead.)

You have another (unlisted) hardware error.

Hardware errors are often better solved in person because solutions over
e-mail generate lots of messages that tend to annoy other list members.

-ME