Re: [vox-tech] ssh2 timeout

On Thu, 10 May 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> I've been noticing the same thing with SSH access from Melissa's
> Debian system the past few days... except, it's not after _inactivity!_
>
> I can simply kill the SSH client and start a new session (but at that
> point I have to remember which e-mails I've already responded to and/or
> deleted ... argh)

Doesn't the e-mail client realize the lost connection and save the state
of itself so it can be recovered when you come back?  Which client is
this?

> Hehe, what I get is a frozen SSH session.  (Like this morning, I was
> in Mutt... I hit [Enter] to view a message.... about half of it appeared.
> On bottom half of the screen remained the inbox index screen Mutt had
> been showing me before I hit [Enter].  Then nothing.  I can still ping
> my ISP.  I can even fire up a fresh SSH session.)

If this is a session to isun... sometimes isun freezes for a while.  If
you hold down a key, it sometimes recovers quicker.  If you make another
connection to isun, sometimes it recovers.  Otherwise just waiting will do
it.  Isun is a SunOS with lots of people connected to it, so it's normal
for it to freeze for a while while handling other users' requests.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/