Re: [vox-tech] Cool. (was: AAARRRGGGHHHH! (Translation: ...

Re: [vox-tech] Cool. (was: AAARRRGGGHHHH! (Translation: ...

begin: Mark K. Kim <mkkim@ucdavis.edu> quote
> Well, whaddayaknow...  I poped in a rescue CD (Mandrake installation CD
> has rescue feature), ran fsck.ext2 on it, and now everything works...
>
> So here's what I did:
>
>    1. Mandrake installation CD + run in rescue mode.
>    2. Mounting fails -- verfy the partition is unuseable.
>    3. fsck.ext2 on the partition -- lots of errors, say "yes" to "fix?"

heh.  there's got to be a way of doing something like

yes | fsck /dev/hdwhatever

but i'm too scared to try it though.   :)

>    4. Try mounting -- works!
>    5. Reboot -- it runs fsck.ext2 on the partition again.
>    6. Everything works!
>
> Thanks everyone for your help, especially Peter for suggesting the rescue
> CD option!

great!  i'm glad you didn't have to reinstall linux.  just remember this
when i start bugging you with my blender questions.  :)

pete

ps- after neelix gets it on with a human, a klingon and an ocampan, it must
  nice to date a telaxian.   what a novel concept!