Re: [vox-tech] Cool. (was: AAARRRGGGHHHH! (Translation: ...

Re: [vox-tech] Cool. (was: AAARRRGGGHHHH! (Translation: ...

Well, whaddayaknow...  I poped in a rescue CD (Mandrake installation CD
has rescue feature), ran fsck.ext2 on it, and now everything works...

So here's what I did:

   1. Mandrake installation CD + run in rescue mode.
   2. Mounting fails -- verfy the partition is unuseable.
   3. fsck.ext2 on the partition -- lots of errors, say "yes" to "fix?"
   4. Try mounting -- works!
   5. Reboot -- it runs fsck.ext2 on the partition again.
   6. Everything works!

Thanks everyone for your help, especially Peter for suggesting the rescue
CD option!

Now I can hold off on buying a new HD until prices come down even more :)

I wish a problem like this can be solved more automatically...

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/