Re: [vox-tech] My Apache/HTTPD hangs

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:24:16PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My Apache/HTTPD hangs when I boot, and thus my boot hangs.  It worked the
> last time I booted (a few weeks ago).  I was on my home network at the time.
> The only change is I'm on someone else's network (my client's).  My setup:

Very strange.  Apache httpd's startup should never, /ever/ hang.  The
standard initial script calls "apachectl start", which will either
start (and fork) or fail to start httpd, but should return control
quickly.

Try (as root):

1. Running "apachectl start" by hand (from the appropriate <apache
   stuff>/bin directory).  If that hangs, that's where the problem is.

2. If that went fine (didn't hang), try running the init script
   (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd ?) by hand (again, with an argument of
   start).  If that hangs where 1. didn't, you might wanna dig around
   in there abit.

Did you mention your distro?  (I forget).

Micah