Re: [vox-tech] Cursor problems.

Older distribution implies older X, so upgrading won't help with the
technique of pressing the three mouse buttons at the same time, but now I
realize that wasn't what you were saying :P

Before upgrading X, see if there is a conflict with GPM -- `killall gpm`
as root.  Do that before you start your X session.  See if the problem
persists.

If the problem continues, I suppose the next thing to try is to upgrade X.
Check your distribution FTP/HTTP/download points to see if a newer version
of X is available.  If so, download & upgrade.

If X isn't available for upgrade, you'll need to download the sources...
very painful... but possible.  Much easier to get a new mouse, I think.

BTW, what's your mouse brand/modem?  Maybe we can see there's someone else
with that mouse.  If that person has had problems, too, then we know with
a reasonable certainty that it's the hardware; otherwise we know with a
reasonable certainty that the problem is with the software.

-Mark

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Brad Benedict wrote:

> "Mark K. Kim" wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Brad Benedict wrote:
> >
> > > "Mark K. Kim" wrote:
> Eh?  I meant upgrading X...

> > > Didn't work.  Does upgrading help?
> >
> > Darn.  I don't think upgrading will help -- they have an old[er] RedHat
> > distribution.  I'm not sure what else can be done... sorry!
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > PS: Mice are pretty cheap nowadays... :)
> >
> > ---
> > Mark K. Kim
> > http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
> > PGP key available upon request.
>
> --
> Dett skjørtet er for stort!  Der klør alle steder!  Jeg liker ikke små
> barn!

---