Re: [vox-tech] perl question - variable holding a variable name

Re: [vox-tech] perl question - variable holding a variable name

Oops!  My bad.  I didn't realize the hash you were referring to was a
global variable hash -- I thought you were telling Peter to create a hash
to store the variables for his language.  So how would you access such a
hash in PERL?

-Mark

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Micah Cowan wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 11:37:59AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Micah Cowan wrote:
> >
> > > But Henry's suggestion of using a hash is definitely how I'd go about
> > > it - mucking around with your name tables is not my idea of solid
> > > coding - if you go with his suggestion, you can take the '#' out from
> > > underneath your "use strict;"  :)
> >
> > It's too bad PERL doesn't automatically hash all global variables like
> > PHP! :)
> >
> > -Mark
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're saying - Perl stores global
> variables in a hash, if that's what you mean.  In fact, the symbol
> table is accessible from a specially-named hash.
>
> Micah

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/