Re: [vox-tech] Lost X-windows

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Lost X-windows
  • From: "Mark K. Kim" <mMAPSkkim@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:25:39 -0700

Open /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 with a text editor (or /etc/X11/XF86Config --
I don't remember which one you are using).  Find the following lines:

   HorizSync XX-XX
   VertRefresh XX-XX

Change the XX's appropriate to your monitor.  The values should be listed
in your monitor's manual.  If they're not listed oin your manual, you can
try guessing.  If you need a reference point, my monitor is set to:

   HorizSync 31.5-70.1
   VertRefresh 50-90

-Mark

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Ashwini Raina wrote:

> Hi
>
> Question for you Linux gurus:
>
> I bought a new monitor (Samsung Syncaster 955DF). It worked ok till I
> changed the resolution (now at 1600 X 1024 @75 Hz). No change to the
> graphics card (Asus V-7100, GF 2MX). Have Red Hat 7.0
>
> So when I changed the resolution, I log in and type in 'startx' or
> 'xinit' for X-windows but I get an error message ("No screens found").
> Please tell me how to solve this. Thanks.
>
> Ashwini Raina
>
> PS: Attaching the log file.

---
Mark K. Kim