Re: [vox-tech] Help for Linux Installation on Ultra 1

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, S.M. Sohelozzaman wrote:

> Hello Shawn and others,
> Thanks for your help with the URL. I have already download the Linux for
> Sparc. I got 5 ISO image file. My CD writer software (Winoncd)do not
> support this file.

This seems hard to believe.  Your software does not need to be able to
support looking inside the files... it just needs to be able to write an
ISO file to the CDR as-is.

> So I am using ISOBUSTER software for this.

You do _not_ want to look inside the files until you have burned them onto
the cd.

> But I am
> getting three options for the extraction of files:
> 1. ISO 9660
> 2. RockRidge
> 3. Joilet
> Which format should I use to extract the data to write it on the CD by
> using Winon CD software.

Do not attempt to extract any files or "create" a cd from files.  There
are two steps in writing a CD... the first one organizes the data into an
"ISO" filesystem image, and the second one puts the resulting image on the
CD.  Some software tries to hide this distinction... but the first step is
already done in this case.  You do not want to repeat it.

> Secondly, do you know that the CD  will be self bootable with Ultra 1.

Shawn may be able to, but _I_ can't help you with that one.  Read the
documentation on the CDs once you have burned them.