Re: [vox-tech] X key binding - win to crtl

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] X key binding - win to crtl
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@diMAPSrac.org>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:44:40 -0700

dale,

if nobody answers, this answer will be better than nothing.

you can do this by finding the keycode of the "windows key" using xev and
then mapping the keycode using xmodmap.

you can then put the xmodmap in one of your startup files (make sure it
doesn't run in console; it'll generate an error).

man xmodmap should give pretty explicit instructions on how to map a
particular keycode to the control key.

if you get something working, can you post it to the list?

pete