Re: [vox-tech] I told you so

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:33:57PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> but
> rm -f /bin
> /bin.0/cp -r /bin.0 /bin
>
> Seemed to cure my ills. Yippy

Great! The command 'ldd' may come in useful in situations like this. Run it
like 'ldd /bin/bash' and you will see all the libraries linked to the
executable, and where those libraries are located if there exist on your
system.

If you need to install something in /bin, try installing in /usr/local/bin
first; it almost always works fine there. /usr/local exist for you to
manually install stuff --- 'local' software. Your distribution will never put
anything there, so you will never hose your system if you only install into
/usr/local.

--
Henry House