Re: [vox-tech] mp3 help

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:57:41AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Fri 20 Apr 01, 10:45 AM, Micah Cowan said:
> > mpg123 apparently has a few annoyingly undocumented features - and
> > this is one of them:
> >
> > mpg123 --wav out.wav in.mp3
> >
> > worked for me...
>
> me too.
>
> although why they documented some of the more ... exotic features and not
> THAT one is beyond me!
>
> thanks for the tip!  how did you come across this feature?
>
> pete

By accident - The LDP CD-Writer-HOWTO mentions the use of a --cdr
option, which apparently formats the output for piping to cdrecord;  I
couldn't find that documented, so I thought "Hey, I wonder if there's
a "--wav" switch too (since that would be an obviously useful
feature).  Tried it, it worked.

Don't have the source handy right now (I guess I musta had it
preinstalled), but it's probably worthwhile to check there for any
other "hidden" features...

Micah