Re: [vox-tech] one card, one irq, one fate... coming soon to adesktop ne

Re: [vox-tech] one card, one irq, one fate... coming soon to adesktop near you!

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] one card, one irq, one fate... coming soon to adesktop near you!
  • From: "Mark K. Kim" <mkkim@ucdavisMAPS.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:13:56 -0700

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Gabriel Rosa wrote:

> question: why does my sound blaster awe 64 pnp function properly
> on irq 5, but chops off any sound sample after the first second or so
> on irq's 7 and 9?

IRQ conflict.  Check /proc/interrupts.  Also check the bootup screen.
You can often "reserve an IRQ" in BIOS so the IRQ won't be taken up by a
PCI or PNP device -- that might help you free up an IRQ for the SB.

> question2: why do I get so much static on the line output? Does anyone get
> this?

Noise inside the computer, noise on the line, etc.... probably.  Darn
magnetic field! :P  I just turn the trebble down :)

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/