Re: [vox-tech] Installing ksh

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Installing ksh
  • From: "Jay Strauss" <jjstrauss@yaMAPShoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:16:09 -0700

I overreacted, I "installed it" but the last step doesn't make sense.  The
only reason I'd like it is that most companies I go into have ksh, but not
bash (many sysadmins don't want to be bothered with me asking for bash).  So
I need to write scripts in ksh.  I'd like to do them on my laptop (in case
one goes wild (which seems to happen to me frequently)), then I don't tar my
production database by accident.

Just recently: ksh is free, freely distributable, and the source is
published.  check out www.kornshell.com