Re: [vox-tech] makefile question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] makefile question
  • From: Bill Broadley <bill@math.MAPSucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:16:32 -0700

RTFM:

       -n   Print the commands that would be executed, but do not
            execute them.

Of possible interest:
       -d   Print debugging information  in  addition  to  normal
            processing.   The  debugging  information  says which
            files are being considered for remaking, which  file-
            times are being compared and with what results, which
            files actually need  to  be  remade,  which  implicit
            rules  are  considered and which are applied---every&shy;
            thing interesting about how make decides what to  do.