January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] XFree86 4.0 Type1 fonts tip!

Re: [vox-tech] XFree86 4.0 Type1 fonts tip!

> >   Load "type1"
> >

> > And _not_:
> >
> >   Load "Type1"
>
> why you may ask?
>
> $ locate type1 | grep X11
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libtype1.a
>
> because unix is case sensitive!   :)

Yeah, but it seems that before (XF86 3), either:

  The file was called "libType1.a"
or
  The XF86 conf file was dropping case

In other words, "Load "Type1"" worked before I upgraded. :)

(It was also what people/documentation said to put in the conf. file.
In fact, the reason I found out that this was suddenly case-sensitive
was because of a follow-up to an answer to someone's question about not
being able to load Type1 fonts anymore.  They had to point out that
the "t" had to be lowercase.)