Re: [vox-tech] Trouble booting kernel =)

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> On Wed 11 Apr 01, 12:43 PM, Brad Benedict said:
> > Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > >
> > > yes, but silly things happen.
> > >
> > > it was left out of the defaults in one of the 2.2 kernel tarballs by alan cox
> > > himself.  mark's idea is a good one.  you really should check your .config:
> > >
> > > grep EXT2 /usr/src/linux/.config
> > >
> > > i haven't been following this thread.  have you posted your lilo.conf?

> > Yes, I typed "lilo" after I edited lilo.conf.
> >
> > "grep EXT2 /usr/src/linux/.config
> > CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y"  =\
>
> again, have you posted your lilo.conf?  as in, sent a copy of it to the list.
>
> have you posted your dmesg?
>
> if you post your dmesg, please trim out anything which is obviously not
> useful, like info about your sound card or SMP info.
>
> peter
Oh, I didn't know what you meant.  I put it below.  I don't know how to
get a dmesg from a kernel that doesn't work...

/etc/lilo.conf:

boot = /dev/hda
map = /boot/map
timeout = 50
prompt
  message = /boot/message
  default = windows
  vga = normal
  read-only
install=/boot/boot.b
keytable=/boot/us.klt
lba32
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image = /boot/safe
  label = old_linux
  vga = 788
  append = " mem=88M hdc=ide-scsi"
  root = /dev/hdb8
image = /boot/vmlinuz
  label = linux-nonfb
  append = " mem=88M hdc=ide-scsi"
  root = /dev/hdb8
image = /boot/vmlinuz
  label = failsafe
  append = " mem=88M hdc=ide-scsi failsafe"
  root = /dev/hdb8
other = /dev/hda1
  label = windows
  table=/dev/hda
other = /dev/fd0
  label = floppy
  unsafe
--
Dett skjørtet er for stort!  Der klør alle steder!  Jeg liker ikke små
barn!