Re: [vox-tech] getting online.

> I am using ucd's account to get online right now.
> what if I graduate and move to another place, do I have any chance to get
> online? is it possible to get online in linux for free? and for windows,
> which company is the best to get online for free?

Yes, you can get online, but it won't be for free.  "Free" ISP services
(if there ARE any these days.. are there still!?) typically provide
the service by either:

  (1) selling you a PC

or:

  (2) using special connection software (which would be Windows-only)
      which pushes ads on your screen all the time, and which you
      likely cannot remove, nor cover up

I'd spend the $10 or $20 a month for a real ISP.  My favorite is the
one I use, although they're located in Santa Rosa:  Sonic.net.

Note, though - they just recently started providing dialup service
throughout the state!  (If only they provided DSL throughout the
state, I could use them exclusively, and not deal with PacHell directly)

Good luck!