Re: [vox-tech] linux/BSD on mac68k

     You'll only be able to format 800K Mac format if you have DD (no HD)
floppies, a Mac with a Mac System, and either a 1.4M or 800K Mac drive.
All the utilities below that use a PC drive work only for 1.4M Mac format
because it is a sort of MFM format.  The 400K and 800K Mac formats are GCR
format, which PC drive controllers can't handle.  A Mac 800k has the same
geometry (2 heads, 80 cylinders) as a PC 720k, but the encoding method for
the format is different.

     Edwin

At 01:46 PM 3/20/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Have you tried mtools or macutils?  This is if you have access to
>another box.  I know there are several utilities that let you access mac
>floppies on a pc.  One of them is MacDisk by Insignia Solutions.
>
>Stephen
>
>Jan Wynholds wrote:
>> cannot read or write these disks (the geometry is so different).  So I
have no