[vox-tech] linux/BSD on mac68k

  • Subject: [vox-tech] linux/BSD on mac68k
  • From: Jan Wynholds <jcMAPSwynholds@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:20:10 -0800

Hey all:

Just wanted to pass along some info about the little project I have undertaken
regarding the macs that are being rather unwielding to my efforts at installing
linux.

Chris and I were trying to format and read disks.  After some digging on the
net, I found that those macs use 800k disks.  And this is a bad thing b/c pc's
cannot read or write these disks (the geometry is so different).  So I have no
method of transport for these.  So I am looking at 1.4 mb drives on ebay for
these models.  If anyone would sell an external 1.44 mb drive for the mac, you
would be my hero.

So if anyone has any macintosh junk laying around the home or office that they
want to sell/give/throw away, I will scrounge it and give you a reasonable
price for it.

This has been fun, tho.  I haven't done alot of technical crap with macs
(mostly just typing papers and that sort of thing).  It's fun to go digging
through the guts of it.

:)