January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] [no linux] High voltage circuits?

Re: [vox-tech] [no linux] High voltage circuits?

hmmm... i was hoping you wouldn't ask me this.  i'm a physicist -- i only
know the _principles_ of electronics.  can't actually design much myself!

but maybe a good place to start would be

     V_inductor = L dI/dt = I_through * R_of

looks useful, since the resistance of the inductor depends on the change of
current through the inductor.   perfect if you're getting a short surge of
current while the filament warms up (i assume this is a fast process).

it seems like you'd have to know the change in resistance between a cold
filament and a warm filament to start.

actually, aren't there current controlled transistors?  i forget most of
what i used to know about them, but i seem to recall that there are
transistors that control current through the collector/emitter depending on
what current is entering the base.  you could use this to "shunt" extra
current away.

i used to know a lot more as an undergrad, but i cleared out a lot of space
in my brain to store quantum gravity info.   :)   the best i can do would be
trial-and-error.   sorry!  (boy do i feel lame know!)

pete

"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               p@dirac.org
       -- Kathryn Janeway on the virtues of coffee           www.dirac.org/p