Re: [vox-tech] how to use my hub to connect linux to my dsl?

Re: [vox-tech] how to use my hub to connect linux to my dsl?

> in windows, i literally have to do nothing, it is just like magic , plug and
> play.

If you're using something like RedHat, see if you can fire up
the "netconf" or "netconfig" command as root.

When PacBell came to hook up DSL, I had _no_ idea what I was supposed
to do to put in the IP address, gateway, DNS servers, etc...

Jessica wasn't home, so I got really nervous.  It took PacBell 4 months
to even get DSL hooked up at our place, and we had to eventually get
a freaking second phone line to even get it.  (Argh)

Anyway, I thought "hrm... maybe 'netconf'll do it."  I fired it up,
filled in the numbers, did a "ping yahoo.com" and viola!  Network!

Sufficed to say, the PacBell techs were impressed.

ANYWAY... my point is, if you know your numbers, and you've got
"netconf", try it out and see if it works for you.

Good luck!

-bill!
do i sound like a newbie? ;)