Re: [vox-tech] debian help

> now, why would you install slink and a half in the first place?  that would
> be like installing linux 2.0.38.  thanks to ted deppner, lugod has a set of
> debian 2.2r2 disks.

Hehe... cuz I had grabbed a copy the night before I bought the box, and
was being too eager. ;)  (I didn't like the thought of Win98 lying around
the house, honestly. :) )

<snip>

> but do yourself a favor.  install potato.  in the long run, it'll be less
> time and effort.

Well, I've already RSVP'd for the IF. :)

> you mean it hasn't been either installed fully or configured yet.  :*)

I don't know WHAT the problem is.  The installer worked.  Config seems
happy.  Testing the mouse acts wonky, though.  At the best, all I get
is half of the screen highlighted when I touch the mouse after GPM starts.
Then nothing.  No blocky mouse cursor, clicking buttons does nothing.

I could have it in the wrong PS2 port (they're unlabelled), which would
MAJORly suck, because the keyboard I have (and which Melissa and I really
like, cuz it's so big, heavy, and clicky) was from that AT we grabbed
at LUGOD.  (Was that yours? :) )

The AT->PS2 adapter I bought from Radio Shack is L-shaped for
who-knows-what-reason, so it only really fits well in one of the PS/2
plugs (either that, or we'll need to not use the mouse at all!)

-bill!
computers suck :)