Re: [vox-tech] Help Lost My GUI

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Help Lost My GUI
  • From: "Robert G. Scofield" <rscofield@afes.coMAPSm>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:24:15 -0800

Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> I need some serious help.  I was playing around with the Gnome Desktop
> Switching Tool and went from Gnome to some unpleasant GUI called
> "Fvwm."  Now I'm stuck there.  I keep trying the Desktop Switchwing
> Tool in Fvwm, but it doesn't work.  It's broken.  It looks like I'm
> going to have to make the switch frm Fvwm to Gnome by way of the
> command line.  Can someone explain to me how to do it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob

Please ignore this post.  I've been poking around and I discovered a
file called .Xclients.  It looks like a shell script.  Even though I
don't know anything about shell scripting I deleted a line, and replaced
it with a copy of another line below it following the word "else".  That
did the trick.  I'm back in Gnome, and I promise that I will never touch
the Gnome Desktop Switching Tool in RedHat 6.1 ever again.

bob

--
Robert G. Scofield
rscofield@afes.com