Re: [vox-tech] cut and past under netscape - redux

On Mon 12 Mar 01, 11:33 AM, Mark K. Kim said:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > opera takes less than 5 seconds.  more stable: it hasn't crashed on a
> > webpage yet, and i've been using it exclusively for almost a week now.
>
> Opera has crashed on me several times and just stopped working.  When I
> say "stopped working", I don't mean it froze -- I mean it refuses to go to
> any page.

> Hopefully Opera will get the problem fixed when the new version comes
> out.  I think the version I'm using might be a beta version... (5.0b6
> means beta release 6, right?)

yes, and i've had the same problem with a couple of pages with opera.  i
think it's either frame support or javascript.  however, i found a way
around this problem.

when opera refuses to load a page in (i assume you're clicking a link), i
right click the link and hit "open link".  it has never failed this way of

even with this problem, from my own experience opera runs rings around NS in
many different areas.  considering your experience, it sounds like i
definitely need to place a "YMMV" in this email though!  :)

pete