Re: [vox-tech] cut and past under netscape - redux

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] cut and past under netscape - redux
  • From: "Robert G. Scofield" <rscofieldMAPS@afes.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:15:17 -0800

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> bob,
>
> i would say that NS isn't even in the same league as this browser.  it's
> truly remarkable.  much faster: NS 6 takes about 15 seconds to load and
> display the home page.   opera takes less than 5 seconds.  more stable: it
> hasn't crashed on a webpage yet, and i've been using it exclusively for
> almost a week now.
>
> www.opera.com

I'm having a lot of problems with Netscape 6.0.  Here's the most
recent.  I received your post in the NS email program, and when I
clicked on the Opera URL above, the  program closed down.  Netscape 4.7
would have opened the browser and taken me right there.

While I think that 6.0 does a better job of displaying web pages than
4.7, it's missing features that 4.7 has.  For example, in the email
program of 6.0 if you're reading a message, you can't go to the next
unread message without clicking out of the message you're reading and
then double clicking on the next new message.    There's no "Next"
button like there is in 4.7.

With 6.0 you can't right click a web page and email it to someone like
you can in either 4.7 or Windows.

Netscape 6.0 is funny.  It seems like a Beta version.  Is it?  It really
does not seem like it's ready for release.

Thanks for the message.  I'll check Opera out.

Bob

--
Robert G. Scofield
rscofield@afes.com