Re: [vox-tech] Nameserver confusion with non-root users

Re: [vox-tech] Nameserver confusion with non-root users

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 11:21:19PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[...]
> > /var/log/messages file. But the resolv.conf is just empty comments:
> >
> >     #
> >     # /etc/resolv.conf
> >     #

I think this has been covered, but maybe not: when ppp is up and you can
contact named hosts on the net as root, is /etc/resolv.conf still empty?
I believe kppp makes name looks work while ppp is up by making temporary
changes to /etc/revolv.conf. You can also try adding the nameservers manually
to the file. Here's the syntax:

        nameserver 198.93.80.101
        nameserver 198.93.80.102

Replace these addresses with DCN's.