Re: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

Re: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

Yep sure is Mark. I am getting into the middle of this conversation, but in
truth Mandrake, SuSE, Red Hat, Caldera, and Corel all have a very nice
grafical set-up, but most of them still give you the choice of a text
install.  I am a capable of doing either, but wasn't when I started. The nice
eye-candy as you call it is needed for new users or people that just want to
be up and running quickly. The is what this is about choices. I have chosen
to use several distros until I found one I am happy with. Not 100%, but close
enough to stop playing distro f the week with my linux box.

I have been really busy lately, but I took today off at work. I have fully
configured SuSE 7.1 on my box set up both drives and updated KDE to 2.1 and I
have to say I am having a blast today.  I even removed the swap trays for the
hard drives.

Is LUGOD interested in hard drive swap trays? Might be good to have two
working system-setups one for the demos with lots of eye-candy and glitz. One
for classes that can be configured and messed up without effecting the demo.
If LUGOD is I will donate my set to you, if not then I will offer it to the
group.

Rusty