Re: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

On Thu 08 Mar 01,  2:51 PM, William Kendrick said:

> > also, sometimes i download something and forget where i put it.  when that
> > happens i do:
> >
> > updatedb && locate bzImage
>
> That's a bit of overkill in this particular instance.

it was offered as a piece of information which is a foolproof method of
finding anything on the system when you don't know where it is.

> he's run "make bzImage" in the "/usr/src/linux" directory, so doing
> a simple:
>
>   find . -name "bzImage" -print
>
> should do it... and much quicker.

giving the "-print" predicate is a bit of overkill in this instance.

find . -name "bzImage"

should do it... and much quicker.  :)

pete