[vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

  • Subject: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?
  • From: Mytho X <mytho_MAPSx@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:34:51 -0800

Is there anything special I should know about to compile a kernel in
debian?  I am having some trouble with it.

I used dselect to download the kernel (kernel-2.2.18pre21).
Then bzcat kernel-2.2.18pre21 | tar xvf -
and then ln -s kernel-2.2.18pre21 linux

I backed up my old files and tried to do a make menuconfig and it errors
out, I then tried a make xconfig and that errors out.  So I did a make
config and that worked.

Did the make dep , clean , bzImage and now I can not find bzImage anywhere.

Stephen