Re: [vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards

Re: [vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards

While we're on network cards and 8139 NICs, if I had to choose between
using a Winbond 840 NIC and a RTL8139 chip, which one should I
pick?  I read the comments in the Winbond 840 driver code, and it said
being generic means it's less complex and more supported.  Also, in the
comments of the RTL8139 driver code, it said the driver had to do some
alignment tricks to get it to work (which was also mentioned in this
thread).

Where can I find information about the performance of the cards?

TIA, FL