Re: [vox-tech] CD Burning

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] CD Burning
  • From: "Mark K. Kim" <mkkim@ucdavMAPSis.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:06:41 -0800

You don't mount blank media -- the burning software will access the device
directly.

You also don't mount music CDs -- you just use a music playing software
that will access the device directly.

To duplicate a music CD, you first make an iso (or whatever) image of the
music CD using some software (probably the CD burning software can do
that), then you burn that image to a blank media using a CD burning
software (ie - xcdroast).

To make a music mix CD, you first make *.wav files out of tracks off of
music CDs (using cdda2wav or cdparanoia), then you use the CD burning
software to burn the *.wav files to a CD _as_a_music_CD_ (not as a data
CD).

Mounting is generally only for data disks with file systems.

-Mark

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Rusty Minden wrote:

> I have finally got a buner. Funds were limited, but got a good deal on an HP
> cd-writer 9100 series (EIDE). SuSE 7.1 recognized it, but I am not able to
> mount the drive with a blank media or a music CD.  the error is
>
> "not mount mount device
> The reported error was:
>
> /dev/cdrecorder: Input/output error
> mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified"
>
> I an not sure how to detrmeint the file system type. I am also planning on
> burning some mp3 files, then a Debian iso disk set. I thought this would be a
> good learning experience. PS using KonCD - CD burner
>
> Rusty

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/