Re: [vox-tech] ssh problem

The problem with using an alias like this is that it will keep you from
connecting to sites that have only SSH1 servers (e.g. isun.ucdavis.edu).

I have encountered this SSH connection problem when trying to connect to
the CS computers (which use SSH2) from any version of OpenSSH.  I have
had no problem connecting to other SSH2 servers, which leads me to
believe that the problem lies in the configuration of the server, not
the OpenSSH client.  Using the -2 switch on the client does solve the
problem if I just want to log into the computers, but I have not found
any way to make scp work properly (there is no -2 switch for it).  On a
side note, sftp works perfectly without any switches, but I assume that
this is because sftp was never implemented over the SSH1 protocol (I
think).

Matt

Matt Roper
mdroper@ucdavis.edu