Re: [vox-tech] list(s) being harvested?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] list(s) being harvested?
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.orMAPSg>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:40:44 -0800

On Sat 24 Mar 01,  4:32 PM, Ajay said:
>       If somebody's already mentioned this, then sorry I missed it!
> In any case, this message got caught by my spam filter, and yeah, it seems
> like somebody getting the list's email addresses and using them for spam.
> (At least I'm assuming some/many of you got htis email as well..)

i didn't get this message.  strange.  in any event, every account will get
harvested sooner or later.   sad fact of life.   even the kernel mailing
list gets harvested and bombed.

>       -Ajay
>
> (who doesn't remember which list he should post to.

        vox-TECH is for TECHnical linux/computer discussion.
        vox      is for everything else.

this may seem like a rather convoluted naming convention to you, but i'll bet
that after a little effort, it'll become second nature.

so for instance, a discussion about batch scheduling would clearly be
vox-tech.  a discussion about your ABC's would go onto vox.   sometimes the
line is truly blurred.  in that case, i just ask that you use your common
sense.  some people want the benefit of our help without the traffic of the
LUG itself.  be kind to them.

peter

--
"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               p@dirac.org