Re: [vox-tech] digital music speed

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] digital music speed
  • From: Harry Souders <gMAPSnulinux@rosecomputing.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:19:52 -0800

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:25:50AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> anyone know of software out there that lets you change the speed but not the
> pitch of music?   anything that plays music backwards (so i can encode devil
> messages, naturally.)?

Yes and Yes!!!

I was so excited about the program that lets you do this that I posted
it to vox about six months ago. It works on my sound files and while
playing CD's. The program is absolutely terrific and has cool visual
plug-in thingies.

Now for the bad news..
It's a long story, but I cannot get to the computer that has this
program to let you know what it is called. Also, at the moment I cannot
recall the name. Hopefully you can find it in the archives or with a
search on "Totally awesome really cool linux X11 sound player that plays
at various speeds, including backwards, and is of course GPL'd".

If you grep through the archives, I believe that I started the subject
with something like "cool sound/cd player" or some such jibberish.

Good luck.