RE: [vox-tech] lert and windows millenium

  • Subject: RE: [vox-tech] lert and windows millenium
  • From: "Deja User" <unix_adminMAPS@my-deja.com>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 00:35:02 -0800

>boo for microsoft!  that stupid error message i saw had "linux" >written all over it.
> i'm sure M$ sees lots of windows/OS2 dual >boots...   :-)
>pete

I tried to install Caldera 2.4 after a Millenium install, and the Caldera Edition
Partition Magic would not install properly. Specifically: I got icons created for
"uninstall PM" and "delete Linux partition", but none for "Create Linux partition". I
thought it was odd, but I wasn't surprised. I have done this successfully many times
with Win95/98/SE. I saw a "Linux for Windows" Mandrake box at Fry's that specifically
mentioned Win 95/98/Me and thought about that for $20 as I am on vacation and want to
dig further into scripting (ksh, sed, awk, perl) before I go back to work.

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/