Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

On Fri 02 Feb 01, 10:00 AM, Micah Cowan said:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:36:03PM -0800, Mark Kim wrote:
> > Looked at it, couldn't figure it out, said "forget it".  Let me know if
> > any of you figure it out.
> >
> > One thing I did notice is that you can have one binding per command, so I
> > can't map both the arrow key and the command-mode-j/k keys to the
> > history.  sad.
> >
> > -Mark
> >

> The relevent part for your ~/.inputrc file is relatively straightforward:
>
> On my computer, under an X terminal emulator, the up-arrow is
> <escape>[A, and the down-arrow is <escape>[B.  So to bind these to the
> appropriate history commands would be to put the following lines in:
>
> "\e[A": previus-history
> "\e[B": next-history

doesn't seem to work (i even corrected the spelling mistake).

i found another annoyance.   C-l doesn't clear the screen anymore in vi
mode.   no doubt another non-working entry in the .inputrc.   :)

i'll stay with emacs input.  i'm comfortable with it.  and i can tell people
that i use emacs.   sort of.

pete