Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

Looked at it, couldn't figure it out, said "forget it".  Let me know if
any of you figure it out.

One thing I did notice is that you can have one binding per command, so I
can't map both the arrow key and the command-mode-j/k keys to the
history.  sad.

-Mark

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ted Deppner wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 07:50:02PM -0800, Mark Kim wrote:
> > > no, there's ONE reason why i don't.   to get commandline history, i have to
> > > hit escape up-arrow, instead of just up-arrow.
> >
> > Isn't that a drag?  I use vi mode anyway, tho.  But the up-arrow thing
> > really bothers me.  Why can't both of 'em work?  I think it's time to
> > learn Emacs keystrokes...
>
> This is a linux group... stop thinking like windows users. [1]
>
> Add the keystrokes to your inputrc for the arrows... conform your tool to
> your needs.  check /etc/inputrc for hints.
>

> [1] I mean this in a humorous way...  :)
>
> --
> Ted Deppner
> http://www.psyber.com/~ted/

---