Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

On Thu 01 Feb 01,  7:50 PM, Mark Kim said:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > > BTW, I thought you were using the vi-mode for readline?
> >
> > no, there's ONE reason why i don't.   to get commandline history, i have to
> > hit escape up-arrow, instead of just up-arrow.
>
> Isn't that a drag?  I use vi mode anyway, tho.  But the up-arrow thing
> really bothers me.  Why can't both of 'em work?  I think it's time to
> learn Emacs keystrokes...

maybe if we got a petition going to sent it to GNU...  :)  good to know i'm
not the only one who finds it annoying.

GNU sucks somewhat.  i've gotten gdb to do some hardcore segfaulting.  i
went through the hassle of downloading the gdb sourcecode, recompiling the
whole shebang from the start with debugging symbols and sending GNU a
backtrace along with the core file and the code that crashed gdb.

didn't hear a peep out of them.   true, they might have fixed whatever was
wrong, but a "message received" would've been nice...

pete