Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

On Thu 01 Feb 01,  6:35 PM, Micah Cowan said:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 08:41:41AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> Yeah, and if you were an emacs-user, you'd know this already! :-P

really?  i remember ^w and ^u from my ultrix days back in post highschool,
pre college days, before linux.   don't remember ^y.  guess emacs has roots
as well as vim.

> BTW, I thought you were using the vi-mode for readline?

no, there's ONE reason why i don't.   to get commandline history, i have to
hit escape up-arrow, instead of just up-arrow.

i use command history so much, that the escape really throws me for a loop.
that "up-arrow for history" is too important.  until i find a way of
changing that behavior, i don't use vi mode.

it would be neat if the shell interpreted something along the lines of
"double clicking", like hitting space twice in rapid succession would bring
up the last command executed, or perhaps "date" or "make".

pete